Friday, May 6, 2011

"buck melanoma, moley russell's wart"

I'm exhausted! Week one is over and I've got gnarly shin splints. School is stressful and since the weather broke I have no excuses. I  have too many lazy, duldrumy days during winter. I pack on ten lb's while chillaxing in my warm living room watching Wife Swap marathons. I get it but then again my grades tend to dip during this time. The classic combo of winter funk and seasonal depression. Does ash tray gray snow lumped up on the curb make anyone feel good? No, I don't think so.

~*~*~*~

I wrote the above yesterday but fell asleep before finishing. My first math quiz was a buzz kill. I'M NOT RAIN MAN and given I'm taking a 'remedial course' for math non-geniuses, I CANNOT DO SIX PROBLEMS IN A COOL 15 MINUTES. My test taking skills fall short and I believe slow and steady wins the race when it comes to double checking. It's not beyond me to bubble in the wrong column on a standardized test (see my ACT) because I easily fluster. On a high note, yesterday's Japanese quiz went swimmingly.

Welp, I'm at a loss for words because I don't understand the correlation between beauty and skin resembling the nommy, crusty deep fried bits found in a bucket of KFC's finest. My youngest cousins are hypnotized by tanning beds and no matter how much I drill into them that 'exposure to UV light increases your chances of developing skin cancer' they don't seem to give (excuse my cuss) a flying fuck. Is my approach wrong? Probably, but I'm extremely moved by this video I watched courtesy of reddit created by the David Cornfield Memorial Fund (dcmf.ca). This message is one worth spreading!


I'm off to work on my my mother's day gift. It's a surprise! Catch ya later. 

1 comment:

  1. Your cousins should just go outside and get some good 'ol Vitamin D. Of course not b/t 10&2 bc of the UV levels. Why are they fake baking? Show them picks of old women with leathery ugly skin. Blech lol

    ReplyDelete